Date: 5th Dec, 2022
Convenient Access to Embedded PCIe Applications
The Panda appliance conveniently brings together SerialTek’s iTAP™ technology and BusXpert™ software with Broadcom PEA technology to smartly solve the problem of analyzing embedded PCIe links in ICs such as the Broadcom PEX89000 PCI Express Gen 5.0 ExpressFabric Platform. The iTAP software is a specialized “tap” framework that is fully integrated with BusXpert, the feature-rich analysis software developed for the revolutionary Kodiak™ PCIe 5.0 Protocol Analysis System.
With the increasing ubiquity of sophisticated, highly integrated systems employing switches and chip-to-chip interconnects, physical limitations to accessing PCIe traffic can prove quite challenging. With the easy access provided by the Panda appliance and SerialTek’s PCIe software packages, developers are able to quickly set up, capture, decode, and view PCIe trace data captured on-chip by Broadcom’s PCIe Embedded Analyzer (PEA) technology. When used in conjunction with the Kodiak Protocol Analysis System, developers can seamlessly transition between Kodiak’s extremely deep traces and iTAP’s embedded traces from all instances of PEA stations / ports.
- Advanced BusXpert analysis software with collaborative web UI
- Can be used in conjunction with Kodiak PCIe 5.0 protocol analyzers with the same UI
- Captures TLPs, DLLPs, and Ordered Sets
- 288K capture buffers per station / port
- Synchronized multi-station capture
- Filtering capabilities:
– Discard TLPs, DLLPs and Ordered Sets
– Compression of repeating bytes
- Triggering capabilities:
– Two-level triggering on input trace data
– Input trigger can be pin-based or routed from internal signals
– Output trigger can be routed to other trace buffer instances and to a chip output pin